CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wake Me Up When December Ends

Sure, she was old, but this month already blew bad enough without expiring pets jumping on the bandwagon. At least she has a sense of irony--I had finally convinced Terry that it was time to take her in because she looked miserable, so he made an appointment for Friday. Then she started looking even worse, so he called back, and I swear the dang cat quit breathing before they even picked up the phone, so it was kind of a moot point by then. We wrapped her in a towel and buried her behind the shed (shh, don't tell anybody, we're not supposed to do that in the township), and Annie picked out this rock and I scribbled on it. Oh well, I guess it will be less fur clogging up my Dyson.

6 comments:

Terry said...

She wasn't my least favorite cat. But you must admit she will be missed around here.

Jennicula said...

Years ago, when Max was in elementary school (or even Kindergarten), we had to put a cat down.

It was a very sad situation and I was very emotional. Cosmo was a good kitty and probably one of my favorites through the years. So I was a mess.

We decided to bury him in the back with all the other animals.

This was the first pet death Max had experienced. We talked to him about it and how God takes back all the animals to wait for us at the pearly gates, blah, blah, blah.

We said kind words and laid the cat in the hole when Max told us to stop. He wanted to bury something with his beloved pet.

He ran into the house and came back out with his arm in the air holding something.

He ran back to us (because we plant our critters in the furthermost corner of the property) and reached down into the hole and placed a sticker he had gotten in school that day.

He said that he loved Cosmo and that he wanted him to have his sticker.

The sticker said:


Way to bounce back!










Hopefully this story made you smile a little.


I'm sorry for your loss.

MissTottenham said...

RIP six. Off to kitty heaven.



Jenn, that's such a sweet story.

Jennicula said...

You know us Mayo girls are here for you through the good, the bad, and the ugly.

xoxox

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry.

I'm guessing by your tone that you've lost quite a few pets in your lifetime.

I promise I won't call your town and snitch.

MissTottenham said...

Happy birthday Annie. I hope it's a good one xxx