CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 14, 2013

It's Getting (or rather, Staying) Hot in Here

Terry finally relented and realized that we indeed needed a new furnace.  I think he was tired of getting called every other day at work with me saying, yeah, it's 65 in here, come home and bang on this shit with a hammer or whatever it is you do.  I had to answer the door, because of course the minute Terry actually scooped the kitty litter and was vacuuming was when the installers showed up, so they got greeted by a woken up old lady with no glasses.  I did figure out that at least one of them was cute, just from his tall manly blur.
This is what it looks like when you don't have a furnace.  Of course, this was the first warm day in a long time, so Terry was all muttering under his breath.  We made up for it today, because it is cold as a witch's boob in a brass bra out there, and the wind is whipping about.

Almost feel bad for poor sad abandoned furnace.  I had gone back to bed as soon as I let the installers in, and I was having some hella weird dreams, from all the noises downstairs, and my brain wondering what those guys actually looked like
Another shot, with the melting snow.  Evidently we are still supposed to get at least one more snow dump.  Stupid MI.
The new one, all installed and stuff.  Cost a mint, but it's so quiet I don't know the heat is on until I see the leaves of the plant that resides close to the register moving.  It's one of those two cycle thingamajigs, so hoping we at least see some difference in heating bills.  Yeah, most boring blog post EVER, but the Lucky Bat St. Patty's Day party is coming up this weekend, so more pics of drunk ass people coming you way.  And oh, wait, I'm in that pic up there, or at least a fraction of me.  I always try to dodge out of camera frame, dang it.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Yes, I am so lame that I comment on my own post. I forgot the only funny part, one of the guys (tall cute one) actually pulled the "Ain't nobody got time for dat!" on his coworker. made me not care so much they were tracking crap all over my floor.

Kathy said...

woo hoo! You'll see good results on the next heating bill. I think you need a remix of "Ain't Nobody Got Time for Dat" and "It's getting Hot in Here"

MissTottenham said...

Love the "boiler".

In the UK, a furnace is something that you burn logs in to get warm. When you said you needed a new furnace, It made me wonder cos I was sure you didn't live in a wooden shack LOL.