CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 5, 2010

The Circle of Life

Alas, my good friend has expired. It brought me much joy, laughter, and well, rage at times too. It started acting weird about a month ago, turning itself off and having a wonky screen and just generally being unreliable, but in his usual fashion Terry waited until it was completely a boat anchor, mainly because he wanted to get out his itty screwdrivers and pry it apart. Since then it has been ascertained that it's probably just a screen issue, and with any luck it can be fixed. Al has been eyeing the carcass hungrily like a hyena, or vulture, or some other thing that likes carcasses. I think she's thinking she needs a laptop for college, and at least she likes all the stickers (for the most part, I'm thinking maybe the High School Musical Ones might get prised off, even though, c'mon, Zac Efron gay dancing is totally hilarious).


The Simba to the Mufasa, the new kid on the block. We're still getting to know each other, and there's a lot of things different with the OS so I spend a lot of my time clicking around and muttering and trying to find things, but I like the purty purty color. And yeah, the stickers will probably come, I'm just like that. I guess it will be interesting to see how my tastes have changed.

The other night this sweet little Indian Man snuck into our house to play with the new Rock Band game. Nah, that's just Annie in her oh so fashionable Turbo Twisty. And Terry had to buy a new game to boost the Best Buy purchase so we could get 18 months free of interest, such a huge sacrifice, I'm sure.


2 comments:

MissTottenham said...

I'm so sorry to hear your laptop is having to undergo retirement. I hope you get the hang of the newbie quickly, can't have you vanishing on us just cos you pressed the wrong button hee hee!

Jennicula said...

"wonky" is pretty serious!

Just please try to embrace your new 'puter with open arms and never, ever say "the other computer used to be able to xxxxx"

Because then the new computer will feel not as loved or needed and may get wonky on you too. :)