CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy VD

Lately, I have been not much of a carnivore, but nothing says Valentine's Day like a big hunk of meat, and I must heartily thank this cow for giving its yummy yummy life. I figured if I was gonna go there I might as well get the good stuff, so we got tenderloin, and I found this recipe on the internet that involved our beloved Shiraz, and well, there you go. I'm sure someone I know who has recently entered the culinary arts will no doubt have something to say about my presentation or messy plate, but hey, it tasted good.

The recipe involved much pan searing and hot baking sheets and a veil of smoke hung in the air in our dining room, but at least the strident strains of the smoke alarm were not heard. Wait, when's the last time we changed the batteries?
We managed to get rid of the kids, Annie for the whole night (hope she remembered her toothbrush, she has an orthodontia appt. tomorrow) and Al for most of the evening, she and her friend are having a "Losers night" (even though neither of them are just by virtue of being unattached) and hitting up the Pizza Hut and watching some movies. I even sweetened the deal by throwing in a giant chocolate chip cookie iced thing.
Happy Valentine's Day, hug em if you got em, or maybe just cuddle a pet, because that's just as fun most days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That looks like such a scrumptuous meal. I hope that "VD" means Valentine's Day :) You may want to be the next top chef. We'll have to ask Terry how it tasted. I'm sure it was good, since you are a good cook and all of that. - Lea I'm at Ferrum and I can't sign in properly.

Jennicula said...

That looked yummy!

We stayed in. The boy stayed with us. I made fried chicken.

I did eat chocolate.