CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 28, 2013

I Can't Possibly Do That, I'm Moderately Anemic

So I finally after two years (or maybe a little longer), went for bloodwork.  Yeah, that's why I don't go for bloodwork.  I was feeling fine,and then they called and told me everything that was wrong with me.  My good cholesterol is too low, my liver enzymes are mildly elevated (just one point over normal though, goooooo Team Milk Thistle!), and my Hemoglobin is too low.  I guess normal is around 14 or so, and I'm rocking an 8, which classifies me as "moderately anemic," and I should be feeling all faint like I got the vapors and headachey and tired, but eh, not so much.  Doc seems to think it's probably been dropping for awhile and I've just gotten used to it and adapted, you know, like women do.  At any rate, I have to go for more tests and take iron and have even yuckier tests which hopefully won't lead to the test of dreaded tests, a colonoscopy.  At least they had just checked out my upper innards so I know I'm not all mysteriously bleeding up in there.
 
Our new humidifier, ionizing steamy goodness into our downstairs.  We have (supposedly) one hooked up to our furnace, but my peeling off lips and dry nose insides were inquiring to the efficiency of it, so I talked Terry into buying a separate one, and it has made all the difference in the world.  Plus, the water vapor coming out of it looks kinda cool, except it freaked Annie out the first time she came downstairs and saw it, she thought her Dad had bought some doo-dad that was burning up and she was either going to get blamed for it, or the house was gonna burn down.
 
The humidifier and its sleek design sits atop our wonderfully pretentious wine fridge, purchased back in the summer on a whim.  We also got a pretentious cheese slicer to go with it, but I have no idea where that thing is now.  Mostly all that's in there is various Pinot Grigios, which is evidently just my fave wine.  I can tolerate Shiraz and I can dig a Moscato too, but I should probably expand my horizons.  The fridge also kept my Rumchata nicely cold throughout the Christmas season.   Have you guys had that?  Oh Lordy, it tastes like, as my boss put it "the milk after you eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch, you know, except with a touch of alcohol."  Very festive indeed.
Terry's entry into the Pinewood Derby that took place over the weekend.  It's made to look like the truck he actually drives.  He wrote some Derby Management software for his friend, so they let him race.
 
 
Which led to this prestigious award.  It's what you get if your car comes in DEAD LAST, like, even behind one of the cubscout's sister's Hello Kitty car.  In his defense, he didn't even put the wheels on the thing until that very morning, and there was some other excuse about how he was running late and jammed it down in his computer bag and yada yada yada, Hello Kitty dude, Hello Kitty.
 
 
But, he does have talent!  This is a tissue cozy he made me.  See, at the beginning of the school year, they had this design on a tissue box, and being the weird person I am, it strangely cheered me up, so I just kept the box and kept refilling it with tissues, and sure it was getting all crinkley and banged up.  Well, being as there's not that many things in the world sometimes that cheer me up (due, I'm sure, to my anemia, being irratable is a symptom and I'm totally sticking with that!) Terry took it upon himself to make me one all permanent like, out of particle board.  And being an engineer, he is detail oriented and took the time to copy the design exactly, including mixing paint colors and such.  That's why I keep him around.  I would rather have this little tissue box cover than any big fat piece of jewelry or anything like that.
 
 
And just because the new camera has a "food" setting, I present the easiest dessert ever I made over the weekend.  Frozen phyllo cups, a schmear of dark chocolate cream cheese, and strawberries.  Now I just need to figure out some equally easy things to make for Chinese New Year's Eve!
 

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Loving that tissue box cover :-)
And feel better, sooner! xo

Jennicula said...

Feel better soon and don't forget to take your vitamins.

Love the strawberry thingies. I'm going to have to try those too.

MissTottenham said...

Lovin the tissue box cover. Now that's a talent.

Maybe it's the chicken and cheese vapors at work which have been stopping your mildy aneamic self from keeling over LOL.