CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 13, 2013

I'm back, bitches. At least this week.

 
These are two big ole goofs I know, wearing the shirts that Annie designed.  OUR shirts, which I ordered from the bearded goof.  He was trying to cajole me into coming over and picking them up, with the threat that they were going to wear them if I didn't get over there in a timely manner.  I countered with an offer of a tasty dinner, but yeah, it was snowing out and surprise, surprise, there might have been alcohol involved on a late Sunday afternoon on their part.  For shame!  On the other hand, I at least get to see that the shirts looks awesome, even if I am going to have to wash them before we wear them, thus losing the "power of awesome" or whatever they were promising  the shirts are now imbued with.  Oh, also taking a moment to pimp tall goof's band, The Distorted Waltz.  See, I haven't asked them if I can use their actual names and such yet on my blog since this was pretty much a spur of the moment hey haven't written a blog in like three years hence me calling them goofs.  Also, blogger dashboard, me no likey the new you.  I could figure out how to use the old you, but this time I had to make the husband help.
 
 
 
 
New bathroom!!!!!  Gots me some tile all up in there, as opposed to the nasty old insert we used to have that always creaked as we took a shower and made me have visions of busting through the ceiling and winding up in the kitchen.  The tub is great, one of those soaker things that I can fit my fat bod down into, well, at least in theory.  First time I tried to take a bath, we found out there was a leak and Terry came scrambling upstairs yelling "Turn it off!!  Turn it off!!  It was fixed by our awesome contractor post haste, but I have yet to take a bath in it.  On the upside, that whole incident probably took care of another incident that we in the Smith household like to refer to as "Chocolate Rain."  Yeah, there were a couple of funny things that happened over the last couple of years.
 
 
 
 
 
I decided to go with a four elements theme for the bath, and this is what I picked for air.  The shower curtain in the last photo is supposed to be Earth.


Fire, courtesy of my bestie Lisa.  I liked the orangey hue of the glass too, which inspired the paint, which looks more yellow in this photo than it does for reals.  The name of the hue is "Henna Glow," I was kinda going for a Tuscany type feel.
 New fixtures on the vanity, and the detritus of one of Annie's many projects on the sink.

 
 
More tub features, I like that we have a curved shower curtain rod, way more room for me to flail around while taking a shower.  Also, that's a microplush memory foam thingy bath mat.  I used some of my Christmas loot from my MIL, she said that it wasn't "underwear money," and something soft and fluffy to put my tootsies on when I get out of the shower seemed pretty extravagant to me, so there ya go.
 
Hope everyone is well, I need to start stalking other people's blogs that I used to read!

5 comments:

sdock10 said...

YAY! Love the shirts, love your words, love your bathroom, and YOU! XOXO!

Kathy said...

So, doesn't EVERYBODY have paintbrushes on their bathroom sink?!?!?

P.S. I want an awesome happy toaster t-shirt, too!

Jennicula said...

Like Socky, I love the shirts, your words, and bathroom.

Missed you.

lea said...

LOVE your new bathroom! It's soooo cool. I especially like that the sun & moon present I gave you is on the wall :) It's cool that you used the elements theme - -You rock girl! So proud of Annie's design getting put on a t-shirt- they are sooo cute! Love ya!

MissTottenham said...

Nice bit of DIY.

Great t-shirts too.

Nice to have you back xxx