CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Happy Birthday David, or conversely, sometimes this world sucks butt

 
 
Today should have been that cute little bee's 11th birthday.  Unfortunately, he died this summer from a brain tumor.  One of the coolest kids I ever met, and I wish I had gotten to know him longer, because most of my memories of him are from after he was sick, even though, he was still rockin' the hella cool upbeat personality even in the face of nasty odds.  His sister Holly and Annie are besties, that's how I met the family.  They are the strongest people I know, even though I also know they probably get tired of hearing that claptrap sometimes.  I guess I just wanted to draw some attention to the horror of pediatric cancer and how it has touched me personally.  The guys at http://coyscomics.com/ did a comic book called David in Space to raise money for the family, and Annie and Holly are planning on continuing it, the Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/#!/Davidinspacecomic?fref=ts
 
At any rate, just everyone, give a thought or so to a cool guy who died way too soon.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Thank you :-) xo

Jennicula said...

I have found that when children are sick like that, it seems as if they have a special something burning inside them.

Maybe they know that they only have a short time to pack in a whole life time. I don't know.

What I do know is that I always admire the parents and siblings who have to live through this horror and still have the courage to smile.

MissTottenham said...

Such a sad loss. I was just looking at the bee coloured ribbon you sent me and thinking of David literally a couple of days ago.

I hope he's in a better place and out of pain. Just so painful for the ones left behind who have to carry on. Such a brave family and such brave friends.