CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year's, Valentine's Day, and such.


Our friends Rod and Danielle working on their oh so time consuming but yummy potstickers they made for our Chinese New Year's Eve party.  I swear these things were a labor of love, or possibly hate by the end of it.  Rod is a perfectionist and thought they were too heavy, but um, no, they were full of yum.  That's me in the back digging for God only knows what in the pantry.
 
 

The consuming of the foodstuffs.  I made Spareribs in the crockpot, there were the aforementioned pot stickers, out of season (the third time within a year!) sausage balls, and basically a ton of other crap.  We were trying to hurry up my friend Zach from work, so Terry texted him we were running out of food (that's all we have to bribe the youngsters to come over to our house).  Total backfire, the boy doesn't understand sarcasm, and they never showed.  It's okay, he gave me a contrite hug at work, with the warning "never joke about food again."  I will get a picture of him on here sooner or later!
The chef at work, I could never attempt these things, way out of my wheelhouse.
 

Al stuffing her gob full of out of season sausage balls, and I would like to point out none of those beers belong to her.  Gotta love her "Zombie Expressions" t-shirt.
 
 

The finished beauty of the potstickers, along with the yummy sauce.  I love having foodie friends!
 
 

Shrimp toasts!  Courtesy of the Englishes.  Also big with the yummy.
 

So now Al's room looks even MORE like a hobo habitat.  She asked if she could spend the night Monday, since she had to work until forever packaging paczki, and then had to be there at 5 a.m. the next morning.  I dragged Annie's old mattress all the way up from the basement with my anemic self, and she found some random sheets and covers for it.  Did she bother to clean it up since then?  Um, no.  So there it sits, probably until we start painting.  Also, Itty and Ghost think they now have a whole room to themselves, complete with a bed.  I think they are going to be legitimately pissed when Annie moves in.
 

The blue mold in the corner of the closet, and this is AFTER a cleaning with bleach.  Guess we're painting in there too.  Maybe we should pick Tardis blue and the closet will magically get bigger on the inside.  Worth a try.
 
 

Annie's Valentine's Day gift to Terry and I.  Should I be concerned my daughter gave me a black heart?  Is that indicative of something?  Actually it's pretty cool, she used glow in the dark paint on it.  And she obviously knows what her Dad likes, anything Michigan State.
 

I went to visit Al today to meet my Grandkitty (cutest feline ever, except for my Yuki, of course) and drop off some more odds and ends and some area rugs.  She got me a ginormous stuffed frog for Valentine's, because evidently she does really love me. :)  I'm sure I'm easier to love across town when I'm not hollering at her to pick up her shit, at any rate, it was appreciated, because the below link pretty much sums up my celebration here.  Let it be known that I definitely have the same sickness as my better? half, yet I continued to work all week, and made a kickass beef stroganoff for dinner, and did two loads of laundry today.










2 comments:

Kathy said...

mmmm......Chinese New Year food......

MissTottenham said...

Food looks scrummy.

That man cold clip made me laugh so much. Sums it up perfectly hahaha!