CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

My time at Camp, by Annie


(Spelling corrected by Mom)
Dear Peoples,
I had fun at camp but the car ride was not fun. It was an hour long and I almost rode with the boys, but Madeleine had an extra seat so I rode with them. But my stuff was in Zach's mom's car. We had snacks that we ate immediately when we got in the car. Everyone did not eat lunch, but I did, even though I had a lot of snackies. I had to wait for my stuff because Zach was late. I was sad because I had to stay in Walnut Cabin. It was the last cabin in the camp and I had a rolly suitcase and I got stuck in the sand. I wanted the Willow cabin and Zach wanted the Oak. They say a white dog haunts those cabins because a town called Piper was in the same place as the camp is now. Train tracks went over the lake and the dog got hit by the train. The train tracks are gone now, only a bit of them stick out of the lake. No one knows what happened to the train tracks, one day they just fell. The dog haunts the Willow cabin because the lumberjack who owned him lived there before when it was a town. They say the dog can go in your dreams, and a lunch lady, I think, just haunts the Willow cabin. They say she got murdered there.
The food was soooo good, tasty, tasty, tasty. But our last meal, we had hamburgers, I did not like it. But I didn't starve because they had a salad bar, cereal, yogurt and applesauce. Our bedtime was 10 but we stayed up until 11. Our beds were not beds, they were mats, I think our cheerleading mats would be softer than them. The showers were very cold. One time me and Kelsey took a shower and we could see our breath.
I made a friend named Rachel. I'm going to write a letter to her.
The first night we had a campfire that ended at 9. We sang songs and played some games and they made up some skits for us. During the day we did rockclimbin, canoeing, survival skills where we were supposed to build a fort and build a fire, but our fire did not light and we didn't have a shelter because everyone was just randomly looking for sticks and nobody built it. In canoeing, me and Rachel got caught in some wires twice. We did Beaver nature where we learned about Beavers and we saw three Beaver dams. We stood on one of them and stomped and we could hear it was hollow.
On the last night we had to make up skits to answer a question, like ours was why is the eagle bald? I was Mother Nature. There was also a lumberjack auction where each cabin was a group and we had to do things like find the longest shoelace. I don't know why it was called a lumberjack auction. We won two of them--the longest lace, and Natalie had the stinkiest shoe. The lady didn't really say we won, but I know hers was the smelliest. We also made up a cheer for a cabin.
That's pretty much it. THE END
Thank you for reading peoples.

15 comments:

sdock10 said...

Annie,

Glad you made it back home safe! Sounds like you had a great time even though you didn't come face to face with any ghosteses. We should form our very own group like TAPS and go ghost hunting together. I talk big and bad but I'm not sure I could hang with those guys.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your trip with us and now I feel thoroughly jipped because I never went to camp as a kid. I've camped out as an adult and it is so not fun. It's too hot down here and the mosquitoes will eat you alive. I swear that they are big as jet planes.

Guess I will just have to live through you.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is going to be quite the looker. I love the structure of her face. Obviously, she got those amazing features from you!

Sorry, I'm an artist. I look at people's faces and don't just see a face, I tend to analyze, blah.

Okay, I'm sick too. That's why I'm not making any sense.

BUT. I'm glad she lived to tell the tale and it seems like you're pretty happy as well. I hope so.

*waves goodbye so as not to get you ill*

Vivienne said...

Wow, sounds amazing. ^_^

Carrie, your daughter is adorable!

I love Angels in America too, having gay friends and relatives who struggled with the disease makes it even more poignant.


I hope you're well hun.

XX

MissTottenham said...

Thanks for the story Annie, sounds like fun.

I did a similar thing with school when I was young, it was called a PGL adventure and we stayed in a big stately home type house in wales.

You are braver than me with the cold showers, really I would rather have smelled bad.

Too bad that you didn't get the haunted cabin. That would have been fun.

It's nice to know you got back safe and now you can have a lovey warm shower.

Jennicula said...

Hey, you stopped by my place.

Thanks. It has been just about forever since we've spoken.

How are the kids? I miss the stories and even talking to Al on AIM.

Thank you for sharing Annie's story. It's always neat looking through the eyes of a child.

Anonymous said...

^Super cute. ^_^

Lea said...

Hey Annie! Great camp story. It sounds like you had a pretty good adventure though. Sorry you didn't get to see any ghosties:) I like your survivor shirt-cute picture too! Did u miss mom & dad at all? Were you homesick?

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm with Sdock10. I feel like I was cheated. I NEVER WENT TO CAMP! >_<

Glad you had a great time, Annie!

Carrie said...

I never went to camp either!! My stinking kids get to do all sorts of fun stuff I never got to! Rotten kids. And Annie is getting a total big head. She was all like, well, I will have to read my comments after I finish my dinner. Like she was Mayo or something. But then she started playing with the kitten and forgot.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't homesick until the last day, and then I just missed my kitten. Thanks for the comments, except for my Mom's who compared me to Mayo.

Vivienne said...

You're welcome Annie, and also AHAHA!
That'll teach you Carrie.

xoxo cupcake

Anonymous said...

Bwahahaha! Annie FTW! :)

Carrie said...

Burnnnnned by my kid. That will teach me. :) Next up, naked baby pictures of Annie, emailed to Zach!

Anonymous said...

Carrie,

Is this your daughter? Aww, she's really adorable! I'm glad she had a great time. I hope you're well.

As for book recommendations by L.J. Smith, I suggest you check out the Night World series.

It's one of my favorites, and the first volume is out now in bookstores, although she's been writing books for over 20 years now I believe.

Second volume comes out in November.

Take care!

MissTottenham said...

Hiya Carrie sweetie, It's good to be back. Unfortunately, the neighbour is still there. How much does a hit man cost hahaha!

xxxxx