CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

She Blinded Me With Science

Not much happened this past week besides work and more work and boring stuff. We did have the big Science/Art/Forensics/Music Fair thing yesterday though. Thanks to my Aussie friend Ergo, Annie had a pretty cool science project involving using cabbage juice as a pH indicator. One, cabbage juice stinks, in case you didn't know, and I've had a jar of that stuff in my fridge for the past two weeks (just in case they needed some more, they didn't want to have to make it again, a process which REALLY stank up the joint), and two, the stuff actually works, with pretty colors and everything. And the end result was this:

Thanks for the idea, Ergo!

Here Annie is with her display, Terry helped her a lot with pictures and such, which I'm sure he wants CREDIT for. I didn't go back with them to pick her project up (the judges were in there well, judging, when we left the first time) so I didn't get to see any of the other projects. I seriously hope that "Bobbing for bones" one off to the left is a kid from Annie's school, because I gotta see what the heck that is all about. Sounds vaguely disturbing.

Annie and her friend at the Forensics competition. They did "When I was Little" by Jamie Lee Curtis. They did...well, they crashed and burned. One of them forgot the lines, started saying the other one's lines, and then they skipped a big chunk. BUT, they remained enthusiastic and didn't burst into tears or act like drama queens, so they still managed to earn a ribbon. Or, maybe the judges just had a ton of ribbons to give away because not as many kids do the Forensics thing, I don't know. Annie also had a couple of drawings entered, but my photographer neglected to get a picture of those. She got ribbons for those too, a "Fair" (as in, this doesn't suck that bad, but I've seen better) and a "Good," but I totally take credit for that one because I gave her a cool name for it which made the picture make sense.


The next installment of food that looks like something else, it's hard to tell, but this chip kinda looks like a "2." Annie found it.


Since I work now, I don't feel quite as guilty about getting myself a little somethin' somethin' every now and again. I got myself this pretty glass pendant this week, from http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6766160 The artist is a friend of one of my internet friends. I had the pendant on a nice silver chain, but then my chain went and brokeded. :( At any rate, check her stuff out, it's really beautiful and I can vouch for its cheering ablilities.
Alyson has the ACT this Tuesday and she is pooping adobe. I think she will do fine, but everyone send intelligent vibes her direction just to hedge our bets, okay? I want this kid to go to college so I can finally clean out her damn room. I haven't seen the floor in probably four years.





5 comments:

MissTottenham said...

Way to go Annie on all your ribbons. You have a majorly talented daughter there Carrie.

ergoproxy said...

Congratulation Annie!!
so glad it worked for you and looks like a great presentation. Stoked that I could help you!!
Any other time you think I can be of assistance you make sure you ask :]

hope Alyson went ok too

and eagle eyes on the "2" lol

(and nice pics from Terry too)

Jennicula said...

Yay Annie and her ribbon! What a cool idea from Ergo.

My son has his science fair in May and is working on hurricanes. I'm not sure how it's turning out. It's supposed to be "independant study."

Jennicula said...

Wooly says that I can't be a hermit because he's the hermit and that you really can't have two married to eachother.

Because then we'd have stacks of newspapers piled up in the hallways, jars of rubberbands, and about 50 cats living with us.

It still sounds like a good idea to me. :)

sdock10 said...

Congrats, Annie!

Great job helping out, Terry!

Good luck on the ACT, Al!

Beautiful pendant, Carrie!

So, now...on to my snow cone project...