CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Kinda Anniversary!!

I did not hatch from an egg, yeah, go figure. I have parents, and even stranger, they are still married. And today is as close as I can get to their anniversary. BECAUSE, and this part is funny, they ran away to get married and they didn't know what day it was, and turns out it was February 29, c'mon, everyone say AWWWWWWWW. I *think* they got married in 1964, so this is kinda the 45th. Less if you only count the ACTUAL anniversaries. Oh, and now I'm on the phone with my mom, and she's saying they found out what day it was when they went for their blood test. And there is more stories with palsied preachers and running into a cousin who was also eloping. And OMG, she hadn't even met my Dad's parents at the time.




Awwwwwww,

can y'all say

awwwwwwww?



My mom always calls this her "little butterball" pic, but I think it's cute, especially the stylin' hat.






Not sure of the year on these, but I think my Dad has his chewing gum tucked up under his lip.



Their honeymoon, which was not the actual day of the big elopement, but later, they had my Dad's mom and his itty sister who is only four years older than me with them.



Happy Anniversary Mama and Daddy!


5 comments:

MissTottenham said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!


What a cute story and what cute pics too.

Aw bless their ickle cotton socks.

MissTottenham said...

LOL Carrie sweetie. You will get that pic, you'll just have to wait till my hair looks less crappy.

Growing out a fringe really sucks.

sdock10 said...

Awwwwh! OMG, that's such a great story! Too sweet!

Anonymous said...

Carrie, you are the best daughter in the whole wide world. Who else would take time to make such a neat anniversary card for her very appreciative parents. Love you, Mom and Dad

Lea said...

Happy Anniversary Mike & Betty!! It is an interesting little story.