CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kittehs!

They say if you start feeding an outside animal it's yours, so for your viewing pleasure, my outdoor cats, also known as strays that I feed cuz they are cute. I originally saw Mama Cat probably a month and a half or so ago, eating Taco Dorito crumbs that I had left out for the birds, and it made me hurt in that place where my heart should be, so I started leaving cat food out for her. And then one day, she had a kitten with her, and the next day, another. And then the neighbor said she was pretty sure there were four kittens altogether. I think one was on the runty side and didn't make it though. :( But she was keeping that third one up her sleeve (or the cat equivalent) for a good long while, so who knows?

Mama Cat with George and George. We didn't know there were two little pinto, or piebald, or whatever the hell you call that coloring until a couple days ago. I thought she was down to two kittens from an original total of four. The name George is from that old cartoon with the Abominable Snowman, "I will hug him and squeeze him..." because that's what I want to do with that little kitty. Lookit the little black tail!!!

The whole family, yeah, not the most flattering pic of Mama Cat (we call her Jasmine) but I wanted to get poor Billie in there, he/she's the one on the tree. We were trying to go with non gender specific names for the kittens since there's no way they are gonna let us catch them and check. Yeah, yeah, I know George, but hey, it worked for George Foreman.

4 comments:

MissTottenham said...

Aw bless, what a cute little kitty tribe you have there. They are so purdy.

Thanks for the pics carrie sweetie.

Anonymous said...

The Kittehs are sooo cute. I wonder if they're wondering why Ghost doesn't come out and play. :)

MissTottenham said...

Aw kitty play group. Cuter than cute.

Anonymous said...

Help! Dying from cuteness.

This is the type of blog I love to see, Carrie. Thank you for sharing.

Oh, and I appreciate your comment on my own blog (which isn't half as cool as yours. Your beautiful pics!) but I put that awful secret of mine up there because of that nice anon who asked me when I was going to change Mayo's profile. I am crazy, but not that type of crazy, not the type that will keep a secret blog going for a year and counting. I thought perhaps it would help clear up some of the conflicting thoughts people had about my identity. Whether it helped or not, only time will tell.

Anyway. I hope you're not too bored this week. I think being a housewife can be fun as well.