CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Titanic Soccer

Back at the beginning of the summer, our ice maker broke. After buying countless bags of ice, we came to the novel conclusion that perhaps we should invest in some ice trays and make "homemade" ice (Annie's words, not mine). We didn't need the ice holder thingy because we already had a big one in our freezer, and Al was all huh, it would be cool to fill that up and make a big block of ice. So we did, and it sat there alllll summer long, taking up room in my freezer and generally pissing me off. So on this, the last official day of summer vacation, we finally got out that perennial favorite toy, the big ice block. We spare no expense around here to please our children. Now they actually want to make the big Labor Day iceblock a tradition. I just think maybe it doesn't need allll summer long to freeze.


My daughter does have two legs, that's just a weird angle. I tried to do that and almost froze my foot off, that thing was cooooold. I know, who would have thought, ice being cold.


And then the theme from Titanic was hummed, and they played a little ice soccer. The block actually took quite awhile to melt. I eventually tossed it off the deck to watch it shatter on the patio, whereupon a piece broke loose and slid right at Terry's ankles, which were placed just so that the ice chunk went in between and thumped them both. I tried not to laugh, really I did.




Ghost has an unexplainable love for Al's stinky old Converse. He has been napping on them all week long. He will have a sad tomorrow when they are walking around at her school!!! I however, will not. This summer vacation has been hella long and I'm ready to get back to my regularly scheduled drudgery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey You! R U Njoying your 1st day of freedom in a few months? I am so far! With not working and all.:) You guys are just soooo original with inventing new games. I want to make me one! :) Tell Al that I think that Chinese bob style looks rockin' on her. Never seen her hair so straight. Annie is still so cute. I'm glad that ghost has now made his 1st appearance. He's cute! Have a GREAT day!

Fimble Star said...

BOO
Hey Carrie, its a speedy post, I am off out to get the tornado. I like your blog, cool pictures and i love Al's hair. totally different on every single picture that i have seen of her.

Hope you are ok and i will email you back soon when my head isnt exploding with the tornado.

Peace out, C-town :)

MissTottenham said...

I LOVE TITANIC!



Those pics are great carrie, thanks for sharing.

Any time you wanna kill off the kids or Terry (sorry peeps don't mean it really), you have to make those ice cubes from bleach hahahahahaha

Damn I'm evil.


Ghost is such a sweetie, I wanna hug her. Mind you, the kids are too.

I wanna hug all of you.