CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Marshall, Will, and Holly, on a routine expedition...

met the greatest earthquake ever known! High on the rapids, that tossed their tiny raft, (Augggghhhhhhhhhhhhh) and plunged them down, a thousand feet beloooow. You know where, folks, to the Land of the Lost. Or at least you know if you grew up in the 70's. This is my way roundabout way of saying that we went to this coolish store in town yesterday and stumbled upon the fun that is the "Dinosaur Plant." We were all "oh, cool, this would make a great stocking stuffer for Annie," but then when we got home Terry decided that he had in fact bought it for himself. So, prepared to be AWED, mayhap AMAZED.


Fresh out of the box, dunked a couple of times, and placed in some water on its bed of authentic New Mexico lava rocks. Okay, yeah, they are probably the exact same kind that you put in gas grills, but that doesn't sound as impressive, or as prehistoric.

Four or five hours later, all brought back to life and stuff. Supposedly you let this thing dry up a few times a year, it likes that. It said on the box that the plants can last up to 50 years in a dried up dormant state and still spring back. I'm not sure exactly what kind of plant it is, but I think I've heard it called a resurrection plant before too, which is not quite as catchy as dinosaur plant. Terry actually took a picture every 15 minutes because he's a geek like that but I thought I would spare y'all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If anyone is interested in seeing the full time lapse, just let me know and I can send it to you ;)

Lea said...

"Oh My God Chunky!" "I want me one!" That is one of the coolest plants I've seen. You know,it WOULD make a great Christmas gift.(HINT, HINT) :)

MissTottenham said...

That is cool.

The plant that comes back to life, would that not be a zombie plant?


SPOOKY!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie said...

It probably likes bratwurst and headcheese too.

Amyranth said...

O_O

I see the zombie plant and I'm now slowly backing away.

-A