CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

More Fall stuff, and oh, a pic of the other one

Weird looking leaf Annie picked up the other day at school. They went on a walk for gym class that day. Which made her happy, because she hates gym. We had a parent-teacher conference on Monday, wherein it was divulged that she's not the best at basketball. Her natural inclination (and I say intelligent response) when someone tries to pass the ball to her is to jump out of the way of the hurtling object. This pic reminds me of the book Moosetache.


We have had a really hella nice week, weather wise. The balminess of spring coupled with the leaf crunch and earthy smell of Fall. Wish I could bottle it and save it for the dreary winter doldrums. At any rate, because of said wonderful weather, Annie has been trying to soak up the leafy fun in the backyard. This is her in the process of making a Leaf Angel. It's crunchier and doesn't freeze your bum like the snow variety.


The finished product.


Proof that I still have the other daughter. Believe me, I sure didn't want to use the picture that I was actually in, a heads up on the shitty looking hair would have been just great, Mr. Photographer. This was taken at the National Honor Society induction ceremony, that we, the horrible parents that we are, MADE Al go to, and even made her wear something other than a band tee. The horror!! Someone report us to the proper authorities! After suffering through a whole 30 minutes of us being proud, she bolted back to her stupid soundbooth, she is an artiste, you know. Pbbbllttt to you Al, the Chinese food we ate in your honor was way good, and no, you can't have the leftovers.



8 comments:

sdock10 said...

Damn! I have missed so much at your blog! I love coming here and seeing your pictures and reading about you and your whole family.

I just checked outside to see if I had enough leaves to make a leaf angel, but I don't think so. Nah, just looked again. Not enough leaves and it's 80 freakin' degrees out!

o_O

Smoke said...

The trees in my yard are all still green! WTF?

Carrie said...

It's the wonder of living in the frozen North. My parent's favorite part of the year is when their leaves green up and their daffodils pop out and they make fun of me still shoveling my driveway.

sdock10 said...

Carrie,

Thanks for the sweet comment over at my blog.

You and your entire family are made of awesomesauce!

I'm currently bombarding my brain trying to come up with something Annie can make me out of clay.

o_O

MissTottenham said...

So so many leaves ^_^

Anonymous said...

The pipe-smoking werewolf loves you, too!

Congratulations for your daughter.

And you look fine in your picture. I still don't think there's anything wrong with your hair.

Lea said...

Hey Carrie! Great pic of u & the girls. Your hair is a cool color. Congrats to Al for the honors society, but, BOO to Al for hurting mom later.:( Al looks very pretty in the pic too, by the way. We don't have enough leaves yet to make snow angels here. Dogwoods don't produce enough leaves to do all of that anyway. Looking forward to more of Annie's creations.

Lea said...

Slide by my place sometime, I have pics for U. I finally got around to posting again.