CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Seriously, is this week over yet?

Oh my heck it seems like this week is taking forever to go by. I think it's just the dreary weather making me want to hibernate. Or possibly sleep apnea, which my doctor wants to test me for. So next week I get to sleep with some weird contraption, oh, I can hardly wait. And now, the half week in pictures:

Alyson in her natural habitat. Add a mini fridge and a cot, and I don't think she would bother coming home during play season. This particular play was Peter Pan, lots of singing, many mikes, sound effects, etc. Oh, and I think she may have had to run Tinkerbell's spotlight a couple times too. If only I could get her to move that fast around the house!!

The view from Al's little nest. The play was very good, I think they had a full house for most of the shows. I complained about how much they rehearsed, but it did pay off, those kids put on a flawless show. I know I couldn't have sang while being hoisted about the stage on wires connected to my nether regions. I do admit to having a tiny MCR flashback when Peter launched into that I'll Never Grow Up song.

Miss T, here's that ham omelet roll thingy I had to leave chat the other day to make. Looks scrummy, no? You are welcome to jump the pond any old time and come taste my cooking. That goes for the rest of y'all too, unless you're like psycho killer types, then, no food for you!

This is Annie's extra credit project for um, something. Social Studies, maybe? It's a woven basket thingy, she was going for a Native American vibe. I was pretty impressed, because she didn't have any directions or anything, she just cut up a bunch of paper and started putting that thing together, weaving and rolling, and ok, taping. She actually took this pic, she is getting way into this blog thing. She was supposed to be clearing the table for dinner, and I look over and she is circling the table with her camera like Giselle what's her face who used to go with Leo DiCaprio was in the middle of the Lazy Susan modeling some toxic Victoria's Secret bra. I'm all like, Dude, what are you doing, and she's hell--ooo, I'm taking a pic of my fabulous basket for your blog. So, here ya go.

Something that I won't be having any more pics of though is my beloved Chicken George. The neighbor caught him (yes, HIM, so far, I think I've been 100% wrong on guessing kitten genders) in a trap he had set out for the possum, and took Chicken off to the SPCA. We were going to take the girl cats to my sister-in-law's farm, but now they have a kitten eating dog, plus they take a very dim view of cats who try to eat the chickens, and I'm afraid Killer won't be able to restrain HERself. So, I might be taking them to the SPCA too. Tis the season for kids to be begging for kittens and all, so I'm hoping they will all find nice cozy homes. But I will really miss those little whiskery faces pressed up against the glass at night watching us watch tv.

3 comments:

MissTottenham said...

Yippee, my own (picture) of a ham and omlette thing.

Looks scrummy.

Thanks for the other pics too. Is the play over now? Do you have your daughter back?

I love seeing annies makes. She should be on Blue Peter (British TV show).

So sorry to hear about the medical tests. How the hell are you supposed to sleep with their contraptions on your head anyway?

Smoke said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes, Carrie! I laughed out loud when I read your comment. Hee-hee.

Lea said...

Hey You! I passed by here yesterday but didn't have the time to comment, so, here I am today. Missed talkin to ya yesterday. I hate that you have to wear that c-pap thingy next week-(I think that's what it's called.) Hey, Take a pic wearing the contraption and make it a blog post. :) Nice pic of Al in her natural environment,she seems to be havin fun. I'd like U 2 e-mail me the recipe of the Ham Omelet Roll thingy- it looks tasty! Very proud of Annie's artistic flair w/ the basket. That girl has talent. Oh, yeah, so long kittehs! Tell them to have fun at SPCA Camp. They'll B Missed!