CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Brush With Death, A Tale Recounted by Alyson

God has a sense of humor and I do not care for it what so ever.

As you all probably know, my mother does not like my friend, one Bailey last name shall remain anonymous, at all. Well, recently she (my mother) has decided to let the ever so hated girl in question drive me places. (I think this is mainly due to not wanting to get up and go get me all the time, but whatevs.) Anyway, moving on, shortly after I had seen my darling husband audition for a role in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?" I asked my friend, my mother's enemy, to drive me home so I could be able to make it home ON TIME for dinner, like I said I would. Bai complied.

So there we are driving along, talking about tech for one acts and such when we take a left hand turn at the freaking green light where we have the freaking right away when all of a sudden I look out the window and there is this what looks to me like the biggest white van ever in recorded history coming straight toward us.

Bailey: Oh my God! *is a good girl and does not swerve into oncoming traffic like a dumbass or speed up for us to be hit in the rear causing us to spin out, flip over, and end up upside down in the Tim Horton's" parking lot.*

Me: Oh sweet crackerdoodle! (edited for grandparentental concern I DID NOT say this, also I was thinking about how the white van was totally gonna eat Murphy; Bai's car's name, fitting isn't it?)

Needless to say, I did not get eaten by the scary white van. My arm and knee did get pretty banged up though.

After Bai and I made sure we were not on the verge of death we got out of the car to find out that the driver of the white van was none other than that of a little old lady who can't tell green from red. No offense grandma, but there is a certain age where little old ladies should not be allowed to drive anymore.

After Bai called her mom and told her what happened and the cops arrived I used Bai's cell to call mom the conversation went a little like this:

Mom: Hello.

Me: You're gonna kill me.

Mom: Why?

Me: Bai was in a car accident.

Mom: Were you with her?

Me: Yes.

Mom: Are you hurt?

Me: No.

Mom: I'm gonna kill you.

Anyway, dad picked me up and I was late for dinner, which was what I was trying to avoid all along. Bleh.

-Also, side note, the picture at top is of me holding Ghost as a comfort object in my time of need. It is also shot blurry ON PURPOSE to depict my pain and has absolutely NOTHINg to do with the fact that my mom cannot take a decent picture.-

Side note from Carrie--I do not have that big of a hate on for Bailey, Al exaggerates. But all I can say is--I TOLD YOU SO. And yeah, I can't take very good pics, that's why Terry is designated photog. But he's at a meeting right now, so you get soft focus. I CAN take a decent pic (some of the kitten ones) I just didn't WANT to.




10 comments:

ergoproxy said...

wow really glad Alyson is ok, how scary, really glad both of them were able to get out of it
and the pic is obviously artistc, and soft focus

Carrie said...

Hee, oh Ergo, you are sweet like the most awesomest foreign biscuity like sweet, and I'm glad I have your pic on my blog now.

Original Punk L said...

That had to be really scary for your daughter, Carrie! I'm glad she's alright. I liked the conversation between you two. First thing you do is make sure they are alright, and then...

One of my neices hid from my brother and his wife for hours outside under the house when she was 3 years old. They were losing their minds thinking someone had came along and taken her. After the police got there, my brother crawled under the house again, and this time, heard a very faint giggle from under a piece of drywall. He found her, brought her out, where he and everyone else was crying with relief and he hugged her and kissed her. A few minutes later, he whipped her behind and gave her the "Don't you ever do that again!" speech.

She didn't.

Take care, and give your daughter a hug and a kiss. She is ok, and that's the important thing.

Butt whipping is optional. :)

Love,
L.

Lea said...

Close call Al. Thank God it wasn't worse. I'm glad U R OK - Besides, I thought people automatically knew the positions of where the traffic light colors were anyway. Al U crack me up! U probably don't realize that U sound just like UR Mom when U talk. U both have pretty nifty writing skills. So, was UR cold dinner good when U finally got to eat? :)

Lea said...

Carrie U changed the template color to blue! I just noticed that it was different. Looks good.

Jennicula said...

Al, I'm glad you're ok.

Carrie, I understand the parental concern thing.

You should both give each other a hug and call it a day.

xoxoxox

MissTottenham said...

Hiya Al, I'm so glad you are OK. I'm glad your friend is a sensible driver, depsite how your mum wants to hate her (you know you do Carrie hahahaha!) She has to acknowledge this. It could have been so much worse.

Bloody old people should not be allowed to drive. I have said this for years. Give them all mobility scooters that only go 2 mile an hour, they can only cause so much damage then.



Carrie, your photographic skills are never doubted in my book.

You guys are so funny, I do love this blog.

Smoke said...

Midget people in the South, eh? ^_~
I just read your comments at Mayo's and I know exactly what you mean. It's pretty damn amazing how this has changed so many of us.

I'm glad your daughter is okay! I dread the day my son gets his license. He's spastic like his father. Can't pay attention for very long. O_O

sdock10 said...

I always thought of myself as more of a hobbit, or just vertically limited, or....nah, I'm a midget. Yeah. Smoke is a whole inch taller and she rubs it in, but she has these long ass monkey arms. So there ya go.

I read you at Mayo's and I agree with everything you said. The changes I have seen in people are nothing short of amazing. Now if I could just see those in myself.

Al,

Glad you are okay. I had a brush with death last week too. Well, that's being dramatic of me, but still, it scared me so bad that I thought I might have to turn around and change my britches (that's southern for jeans).

Love you guys!

Now, I must go so I have plenty of time to pay as little attention to the road as possible and still make it to work on time.

o_O

Jennicula said...

"Bloody old people should not be allowed to drive. I have said this for years. Give them all mobility scooters that only go 2 mile an hour, they can only cause so much damage then."

That made me laugh - and I needed it!

My mother-in-law backed out of my drive way last night and took out this driveway edging and almost the mail box. It's a regular occurance with her. She should drive a bumper car.

And, thanks for the comment at my place. I always wonder if I'm such a good friend or a doormat.