CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 19, 2008

There's a reason I work in the Deli, and not the Bakery

Case in point, this kinda lopsided ugly ass "Tardis" cake. Did y'all know it's kinda hard to draw a Tardis on a cake with icing and stuff? Well, it is. Looks like Doctor Who is encountering some intergalactic turbulence that is making his outline all wonky. Not unlike my head, which is currently full of unpleasant things, and I don't mean thoughts, more like stuff that involves the heavy use of tissues. And I have to work today, but I'm trying to limit my cold medicine intake because I don't want to fall in a slicer. Not that there is going to be anyone there anyway, everyone in the Tri-city area was there last night, buying up everything in preparation for the big snowstorm, which is currently howling outside my window. Hopefully everyone is safe inside munching on their 6 slices of olive loaf cut on medium.

Notice the look of joy at the gift of a bag of cheese popcorn. Doesn't take much. Actually, this was part of a theme present given to her by her Grandparents--it also involved a Hannah Montana nightgown, and a couple of movies. Whenever she stays with her grandparents overnight, they watch movies and she and Grandpa munch up most of a bag of this cheesy goodness.

In contrast to the unrestrained joy of the last picture, this is an example of the gritted teeth smile of why the hell did you get me this I thought there were Doctor Who dvds in that last big package?


But wait! Recovery of happiness when she figured out that she can actually use it to make things. She's starting simple, making bags, because she is a little bag lady waiting to happen, after all. She also got a certificate for 10 bucks worth of material. She started bugging Terry first thing this morning about it. She must expect him to hook up the sled dogs and mush her butt on over there. I haven't even heard a car TRY to go up our street.



6 comments:

Lea said...

The Tardis looked good Carrie. Especially doing it at home and such. I bet Annie knew exactly what it was, now didn't she? Hope your birthday went great Annie. sew me something real purdy!

Lea said...

Hey Annie!! You like Doctor Who? wow! So do I! Happy Birthday!! Sorry I missed it! :-( -Hannah <3

Smoke said...

Well, she's already one step ahead of me! I've never used a sewing machine in my entire 31 years. Nope. Never stitched not one damn thing.

You go, Annie! ^_^


Carrie,

You shoulda seen our Christmas cookies. Oh. My. Gawwwwd. O_O

MissTottenham said...

Thanks for the pics Carrie.

It's a tardis cake but not as we know it. It's a hundred times better than I could do.

It looks like Annie had a great time. In a few days, she gets to do it all again.

Jennicula said...

I tried my mother's sewing machine and was promptly told to stop touching it.

I was not blessed with the sewing/knitting bug, but dammit I can hot-glue stuff together like nobody's business.

I make ugly food, but it tastes good. For me, I think that's all that matters. I'd rather eat something that looks like shit rather than tastes like shit.

If I don't talk to you, have a most excellent Christmas!

sdock10 said...

Carrie, T-Bone, Annie, and Al,

Wishing you all a very Merry Chistmassy Happy Holiday thing! Thanks for letting me share in ya'll's cozy little life!

I still might come and move in...just sayin.

Look for me in the spring!