CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Yeah, I got nothing clever

Slow week, or maybe it just feels slow to me. I'm trying to get acclimated to being back in the workforce, but after something like 13 years, even with sporadic exercising and doing mucho housework, my muscles are soft like a marshmallow. I did not know there were so many teeny tiny muscles in my back, go figure. Hopefully I will get used to it though and end up in better shape.

Our Christmas tree this year. Yeah, we're Fakey McFakersons with the tree. I would like a real one, but watching Patti sneeze her fool head off, while perhaps being entertaining, does not seem so much with the Christmas spirit. Oh, looks like Doctor Who has Tardised in to check it out.

I like this little Charlie Brown version, made by Annie last year. We were trying to grow something or the other and it didn't work, so she asked for the little itty clay pot thing, which she turned upside down and turned into a treestand for her pipe cleaners. As usual, she just felt like making a tree, so she grabbed pipe cleaners and beads and well, there ya go. We usually keep a ton of art supplies around for her. I would much rather see her do things like this than sit slack-jawed for hours in front of her Webkinz site or the tv. The package is from her to Ghost, I believe it contains a glove. He kept stealing hers out of the closet to play with, so she found an old pair and she's giving him one. Maybe she's saving the other one for his birthday, I don't know.


Miss T, she loves me, and she knows how ate up I am with the Anglophilia. So she sent me these buttons, which she calls badges. I'm gonna have to hide the flag one from Annie or she's gonna make off with it. Also, it came with an itty card that said HO HO HO on the outside. At first I thought she was insulting me, but then I remembered it's December.

And how would you like that cat sliced, maam?



9 comments:

Amyranth said...

LongCat is LOOOOOOOOOONNNNG!

Lea said...

Your Christmas Tree looks so nice. We have one cut and put in the stand with water but, we're not decorating it until Friday. I'll post a pic at my place when we finally get it done, okay? Annie's tree is cuter than Charlie Brown's. U look adoreable in your work uniform. Cute pic. I like mine shaved! HA! Ha! :) Thanx

MissTottenham said...

Glad you like the badges sweetie.


And how cute do you look in your iniform. Very sweet.


Your cat is the spitting image of the all white cat we had when I were a kid. He was called snowy. Does Ghost have one blue eye and one green eye like snowy used to?

Mom said...

I loved the picture of you in your uniform with the cat ready for slicing. You are so funny, but then you always were. I love the blog!!! Love, Mom

Carrie said...

OMG it's the Apocalypse, mah Mommy has figgered out how to comment. Welcome to my Mom, she's coolio, everybody.

sdock10 said...

Carrie,

Gah, I feel like we never get to chat anymore. Screw that! All this real life stuff getting in the way of our nice little world here, what's up with that?

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment.

I'm so positively lame that I forget to check it. I'm hoping that Santa will bring me some new thoughts and inspiration for Chirstimas. If not, I'll settle for an MP3 player and Jack White.

OOOh, can I haz some deli meats? I like mine sliced ultra thin!

You look so damn cute in your uniform!

Oh and what's this I hear about going to see The Used? Smoke says she's gonna lure you down South and we're gonna go together!

Yeehaw!

farawaysoclose said...

Carrie!!

hello to you!

i have been meaning to pop in and say hi ever since the time you said you were gonna hang out with your guy and watch Prison Break, but he had no way as cool a name as FASC's "Mr Bloke"!

now please tell me it was you and that info is corrrect??!

if not please forgive, blogbelieve is speedy reading confusing at times!

anyway hope you are doing great?!

my family are very much looking forward to the Christmas special of Dr Who!! cannot wait!

anyway hope you are fab Carrie? hope the new job is going well?

take care and time differences allowing, see you around!!

farawaysoclose said...

p.s.

Mr Bloke aint cool!

he is sweet and clever and nerdy but sporty...but not cool!

bless him.

Jennicula said...

Hey there!

I love to look at other people's trees to see how they decorate. Some are so elaborate and some are very basic. I love all the differences.

I haven't decorated anything yet. Maybe this coming weekend I will. I'm starting to get the itch to hose the house down with tinsel, but not quite.

As for my post, I wrote it about a month ago when the ground wasn't frozen solid. Sometimes I get backed up in writing.

As for kids? I know I used to be cool up until a couple years ago. Now I'm just embarrassing. Oh well. I can't wait until he becomes uncool with his own kids!