CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

24

These dolls are in a corner in Terry's room, shoved in a corner next to a dresser. I'm not even sure why I put them there in the first place, let alone when a dressed up rabbit crashed the party. Both dolls are very old, because they were mine when I was little. The ceramic one was made by my Nanny (my grandmother, I didn't have an actual like, Richie Rich nanny when I was young, although my parents probably could have used a break), and I have to admit that though I love it, it's kinda always creeped me out a little bit, thanks to all those "dolls suddenly coming alive and trying to kill you" things that were on tv in the 70's. I think the cloth one was made by my Nanny's sister, who we called Nannie Sue, and the doll really isn't all that creepy, she even has itty shoes made out of hmm, some sort of stuff that isn't really leather but isn't fabric either, maybe Nannie Sue butchered a naugahyde couch or something. And the rabbit, I just. don't. know. I think maybe Annie put it there last time she cleaned her room, and we're all just too lazy to put it back, or maybe, maybe it came alive one night and decided to hop in there all by itself. Now that would be creepy. Also, Terry did the whole sepia tint to add to the creep factor, because frankly, people, we aren't nearly as creepy as we thought we were, we are running out of stuff.

4 comments:

Terry said...

You think the picture is creepy, try sleeping in the same room with them.

MissTottenham said...

LOL.

Dolls creep me out.

Lea said...

Eewww! Even Jonah said that the ceramic doll looks real creepy! I guess she was made of love. At least she doesn't have her eyes stitched with big black X's, right? Did ya watch Ghost Whisperer? "Creepy!"

Carrie said...

That Ghost Whisperer was big with creepy! And it's all continued and stuff! (Annie and I are a week behind, but I have the next two days off so we'll catch up)